Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Stops on 69% HELP!!!

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am trying to export a video (1min 30sec long H.264) on adobe premiere pro however my export stops at 69% every time.

I have tried using adobe media encoder instead and lowering the quality of the export settings and the problem still persists.

The video uses lots of footage from 2 different cameras (oneplus2 and campark) and has a single music background to it as well as several title layers.

My computer has 16gb ram and an i7 core processor as well as 650GB of data free on my hardrive as well as 50GB free on my solid state drive.

I am at my wits end trying to solve this issue, please give me all your ideas and tips. I am not a techy person so please be clear and explicit in your responses if you can.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Export via AME, check preview and watch where it gets stuck.

That is the spot in the timeline that might needs fixing.

Also uncheck MD and MRQ and change bitrate setting vbr 1 or 2 or cbr.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export via AME, check preview and watch where it gets stuck.

That is the spot in the timeline that might needs fixing.

Also uncheck MD and MRQ and change bitrate setting vbr 1 or 2 or cbr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done exactly that, it would stop on a particular clip, I removed

this clip but instead it would stop.on the next clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any particular effects, audio, plugin, etc...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Some clips were filmed in slow motion, there is audio/music track plus

title layers, I varied the speeds of several clips (eg for time lapses)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screenshot of your timeline at the point where it happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just cropped the timeline to the point just before where it freezes to

see if that part would render out well. Strangely it just freezes at 69%

again so it is not the clip which is causing the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also cropped the audio back to the point before it freezes and this

time it will encode to 99% and then stop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rendering the sequence first.  If successful, you can use the previews for export.

Go into the Sequence Settings under the Sequence menu.  Change the Editing Mode to Custom and the Preview Format to Cineform 10 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

i have solved the issue and exported my video in full. it turns out one of my clips was buggy and so was holding up the whole export. i simply removed the clip then brought back in again from media browser. Thank you for all your replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey how did you find the clip that was buggy mine is doing the exact same thing and I’m so frustrated I can’t get it to work I must have tried 30 times 30 different ways I need help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the other comment asked, how do you even pinpoint which clip in particular is the culprit in stalling the encoding?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, the typical error message gives a time stamp of the sequence. Go to that point.

You can then try an export of say a few seconds before the involved clip to a few seconds past it, see if that export also fails.

If so, rebuild that clip... delete it from the sequence, then replace it, and before redoing any effects, do another test export of that section.

If it exports clean, redo the effects, test again.

If that is clean, you can probably export the sequence.

Sometimes corrupt bits get in the sequence data, and cause the problem. The above steps fix that issue.

But if a clean use of that clip does not export successfully, create a new project. Import that clip, put it on a sequence. Do a test export. If that works,  then it's probably a corrupt bit in the other project database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've already figured out the solution. It's a bit of a local issue, though.

In my case, I received no error message. It would simply hang at the same percentage during the encoding and never progress from that point.

Turns out, my SSD had malfunctioned and disconnected from the PC.

So I guess the take from this is: sometimes it's not a program issue. It could be a hardware issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by Export via AME ?? what is AME ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME is Adobe Media Encoder ... Premiere's main export/render engine, which is available as Me with its own UI and can run separately in the background for exports and renders and such.

If you use the "queue" option in the Export dialog panel, it opens Media Encoder and the export is done in the background in Me while you can continue working in Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines