• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to CineForm in Bayer raw format

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to convert a ProRes RAW file to CineForm using the Bayer Raw format.  Is that possible?  When i do export / quicktime /  CineForm,  I see RGB and yuv options, but not Bayer

TOPICS
Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Alas no option to export to RAW.

Premiere Pro: Hot (1864 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Why do you want this format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas no option to export to RAW.

Premiere Pro: Hot (1864 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Why do you want this format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

want to convert to (any) open source Bayer format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think some more clarification is needed or that the statement needs to be rephrased.

We'd say something like "I want to convert format type A to format type B using application A." while you've said, "I want to convert format type A to format type B using format type C." 

Another way to look at is if stating, "I want to convert a PNG file to a JPEG file using a Photoshop file."  We'd say "I want to convert a PNG file to a JPEG using Photoshop."

Or maybe you're asking if there are Bayer RAW options with Cingeform files?  Cineform is a CODEC used inside of a QuickTime file just like ProRes is a CODEC used inside of a QuickTime file or MXF file.   As far as I'm aware, Bayer RAW is not supported via QuickTime (a whole lot is, but not that.)

Not sure if this helps, but Bayer RAW would be the start of the workflow.  For example, a Bayer RAW image might be converted to an Adobe DNG still image file or PSD still image, and a Bayer RAW image sequence might be converted to a ProRes RAW movie file or ProRes422 HQ movie file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the workflow usually not the other way around: debayering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it's described in reverse.  

You'd start with what the camera shot (whichever RAW format that might be) and then convert that (or debayer that) for editing.

In this case, it looks like going from ProRes RAW (probably recorded in-camera) to Cineform.  Although, most workflows that start with ProRes tend to stay ProRes through editing to edited master.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines