Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export video at max quality

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I started a YouTube channel and i'm kinda having problems with the quality of the videos when I export them in PP. I use Sony A6600 with Sony Powerzoom lens 18-105mm F4.0 and I shoot 1080p with 25 frame. The quality of the video when I am editing it on my computer is pretty good and the footage is always sharp and has great colors, but when I export the video it gets blurry and the colors lose their vibe somehow. I export at 1080p 25 frame with "Render at max. Depth" checked on. I also use 2 Pass with max. Bitrate. 
Can I do anything to make the export quality better? I mean YouTube is full of videos with great quality, how do they do it? Is shooting in 4K and downscaling to 1080p a good idea? 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export at 1080p 25 frame with "Render at max. Depth" checked on. I also use 2 Pass with max. Bitrate.

By @Adnan7

Start with un-checking Render at Maximum Bit Depth unless you know what it does and know that you need it. This is one of the settings most people don´t need and unfortunately one setting that causes quality issues when used. More info: What are those check boxes doing?

I have fast internet so i never upload H.264 to YT, i prefer to render out to the GoPro CineForm codec and upload that file. 

If i shoot 4K i upload 4K to YT and let YT do the downscaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying! 
So does shooting in 4K helps? Like if you watch a 4K video on YouTube at 1080p does it look better than a 1080p one? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, 4K will look better, for me. I always watch YT from a desktop computer with a 27-inch screen and there it´s a noticable quality when YT channels goes from 1080p shooting to 4K shooting. But today most people are using smartphones ans ipads of some kind so i am not sure that the quality difference is noticable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an A7 III with the camera kit lens. I also shoot at 4K and edit using a 1080P sequence/timeline. Your image quality should be on par with the video below if not better. I export H.264 a bit rate of 8,9 or 10. Perhaps unchecking render at maximum bit depth would help. Could you post a sample clip or link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLk9qkvcKxs&feature=emb_imp_woyt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines