Exported file duration as long as longest source video

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm putting a simple video together with four source files playing in each quarter of the screen. The timeline shows the video should be 3:42, but when I export, the video length is the duration of the longest source file, which is 17:43, and it is all black screen after 3:42. This project was imported from Premiere Pro 2020 to 2021. I cannot figure out how to get the export to be limited to the timeline in Premiere Pro. I'm sure it's something simple, but I haven't encountered this before.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have a stray frame somewhere around 17:43 in your Sequence.

Place an In Mark one frame after where you want the export to end and then do a Lift.

Or

Mark your In to Out range in you Sequence and then export. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Warren,

Thank you for your response. I did a \ and did not see any stray frames. In fact, the timeline only goes out to 13:##. It doesn't even go out to 17:42. I'm not sure how I can have a stray frame off the timeline.

I reimported the exported file into a new project in Premiere Pro 2021, and cut off all of the black screen time, making the new timeline file 3:42. I exported again, and it resulted in a 17:42 video.

I then reimported the exported file into a new project in Premiere Pro 2020 (still installed), and cut off all the black screen time, making the new timeline file 3:42. I exported again, and it resulted in a 3:42 video.

Is there some weird setting I need to change in 2021?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines