Exported footage is horribly blown out

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, so I have a pretty big problem going on at the moment and could really use some help.

I have just exported footage with some grading in premiere, in the preview I have in my timeline the footage looks absolutely fine. However when I export it is horribly blown out and noisy. I will add screenshots, not sure what i've done wrong here. Need to get this video up for client ASAP.

Thanks in advance for any advice .

Tom

Image below is from inside premiere pro.

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 17.11.04.png

Image below is what got exported... WHAT'S THAT ABOUT?? viewed in VLC and quicktime.

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 17.11.52.png

ALSO.. my export settings, were for YouTube 1080, Render at maximum depth and bitrate.. Everything else matched the source.

Render at 16 and target rate 50

Thanks again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exported footage is horribly blown out

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, so I have a pretty big problem going on at the moment and could really use some help.

I have just exported footage with some grading in premiere, in the preview I have in my timeline the footage looks absolutely fine. However when I export it is horribly blown out and noisy. I will add screenshots, not sure what i've done wrong here. Need to get this video up for client ASAP.

Thanks in advance for any advice .

Tom

Image below is from inside premiere pro.

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 17.11.04.png

Image below is what got exported... WHAT'S THAT ABOUT?? viewed in VLC and quicktime.

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 17.11.52.png

ALSO.. my export settings, were for YouTube 1080, Render at maximum depth and bitrate.. Everything else matched the source.

Render at 16 and target rate 50

Thanks again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 24, 2016 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why your Monitor is showing the image as well as it is because the exported image definitely reflects the waveform!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2016 0
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey shooternz. Well this is my first export of anything color corrected within premiere pro as I have been using de vinci resolve, however the XML would not transfer properly from premiere pro to resolve..

I was basically going with the same guidelines I was taught for resolve, having the shadows sit just above zero and highlights toward the top without anything being crushed. As you can see,  the preview I was getting in premiere preview window led me to believe I was doing things correctly..  Are the scopes in premiere and resolve different??

Weirdly, I have just exported this in premiere pro (export option) rather than the encoder Add to queue option) and it came out as it looks in the preview window... very strange.  However I would much rather know if i'm doing something wrong for future reference as exporting in Premiere pro means I cant use it during the export.

Thanks for you're time.

Tom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2016 0
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot of my luma waveform, nothing below zero or above 100... (give or take on the zero..)

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 21.38.36.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2016 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it sorted.  Luma wfm looks fine.

Must have been an abberation.

I rarely use Enoder Q so dont know if that is implicated in your glitch.

Do a short test sometime.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you're using a LUT there ... and if it's not a "built-in" one, perhaps the problem with AME was that it didn't see that LUT.

It's a common problem with external or custom LUTs  and the pass-off from PrPro to AME.

It seems like AME  often looks for a "relative" location rather than the name.

I use a subfolder I made in the Adobe folder tree. I have one for each spot of Lumetri  ... the Technical for the Basic tab and the Creative for the Creative tab.

In PC that's Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Pro 2017/Lumetri/ LUTs/ and then either Technical or Creative folders ...I make a subfolder in each and then copy the entire subfolder to the same place in the AME program folders.

Then it's guaranteed that AME  will see the correct LUT.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2016 0
Blaclef LATEST
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export settings > SDR Conform > Set brightness to 4

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2021 0