Exported h.264's freeze when played back

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a clip in a sequence that was recorded on a7sII as an h.264. After I export the sequence, the playback freezes midway through this particular clip every time. It happens on every computer, every video player, and every time I try to re-export.

I've tried isolating the clip in the selection and exporting just the clip in a series of tests. Playback of the exported clip always freezes at the same point.

I've also found this only happens when I export as h.264. Other formats seem to work fine. I'd like to avoid having to export to another format and transcode back to h.264 every time I export for this project.

Is there something wrong with the clip itself? I can play back the original un-edited video file, but I can't play it once it's been put through premiere and exported as a new file.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Formats, Freeze or hang

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export clip with intermediate codec.

Put that on the timeline and export sequence.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Exporting anything to h.264 seems to be a problem. When I play back any exported mp4's in any media player, the image freezes and audio cuts out.

I've tested exporting several different file types to h.264. All have the same issues.

I've tried exporting from Media Encoder and directly from Premiere. Same problems.

When I bring one of these broken mp4s back into premiere, the clip is shortened - cuts off earlier than the section I had exported.

Exporting to an intermediate codec won't help because in the end, I'm exporting the product to h.264.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This probably doesn't help but we're experiencing the same issues. No matter what we do with files, exporting in h.264 results in a video that cuts out 1/3 to halfway through, every time. I've read that the 15.1 update was supposed to solve the issue but it keeps cropping up and we've definitely updated to the latest version. I'd like to know what the workaround is too.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines