Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported media not visible in finder

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a really strange issue here. 

Today I exported a video-file .MOV ProRes to my desktop on my Mac. After the export was finished I tried to locate the file - no luck. Went back in to Premiere and was ready to export again - but in Premiere the file was visible and located on the Desktop. Me thinking I must have missed the file in finder tried to find it again - but it's really not there. 

Went in to FileZilla to FTP-transfer the file, and bing, there it was again but NOT when I try to locate it through Finder. This is really wierd and causing me a headace.

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both the Mac and Windows OS can at times decide to 'hide' files, and that sounds like some version of that. Though normally they don't hide something from Finder/Explorer that Premiere or Filezilla can still see ... so this is kind of a funky problem. Hope a Mac person hops in with a definitive answer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Export to a local drive not the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines