• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported MP4 File

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does my exported file look worse than my edited clips when I follow the steps in the tutorial? H.224 with a medium bitrate. The video looks like it has a haze that moves over the footage.

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'd need to see images to even have an idea.  Grab a screen grab and drag/drop it onto your reply box.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (2).png

 Hello,

I hope you can see what I mean. It is very apparent in the video.

Sly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your sequence settings and your export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the settings files you asked to see. My video clips from my GP9 look very sharp and clear, but when edited they looked like there's ghosting and an unclean lens milky looked.

Sly

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be having a hard time following your settings.   This is what I belive your doing,  setting up a sequence that you place your video as a  720p video (the sequence settings you show say this), then your exporting it as a 2160p @ 60fps with 3Mbits - if thats the case there is two major things wrong...

It appears you are using a Gopro 9, which for sure is 2160p video.  Do one of two things for timeline/sequence settings,  create your sequence as a UHD sequence OR when you drop your video into the sequence it should ask you if you want to keep or change the settings to match.  Choose, the change settings to match; this is how you keep it in 4k/uhd/2160p video (if you want to export in 1080p or smaller, thats fine you can edit it all in 4K timeline, then use the export to convert it down to 1080p or 720p if thats what you wanted)

Next, that export at 3Mbps for 2160p (UHD) seems really low.  I would bump that up to a much higher number, depending on exactly what you want for size,  but I'm pretty sure 3 is too low and thats why you see "the lego movie" for your export.

To give you an idea, the GoPro 9 records at 100Mbs and you asked it to make a file that is 3% of that, its going to look bad.  Plus your sequence settings dont help, that needs to be a UHD timeline/sequence to match the camera.

Make these two changes, and it should look MUCH better.

With that said,  I dont think you actualy said what your trying to do.  Its clear you have 4k video (2160p/UHD) and I dont know if you actualy want a 720p exported video (which is WAY lower quality vs what you recorded on the gopro).   If you tell us what your after, it might be easier to provide advice to those ends.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them. I do have a GP9. I was trying to post some edited clips to FB with some basic titles and transitions. I attempted to follow the Premiere Hands-On tutorials on creating a project and exporting it. The only settings I recall are for export (M.264 and Match Source medium bitrate).

Can the settings be changed on the existing Sequence and Exported again to another file, or do I need to start over?

Sly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to my first prost earlier;  

this is a good link on how to create a sequence, which to me appears to be one of two of your problems.  Not my video, I did however watch it,  its enough to help you I suspect tocreate a proper sequence for your project that matches that GoPro 9's 4k @ 60fps footage you have (read my other post for more information).

How to make new sequence in Adobe Premiere Pro - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a long response typed out, but I think the easy thign for you to do is export this but use the facebook preset;  this is the option on export when you select the "preset" button on the export dialog.

FlyingFourFun_3-1610991414745.png

I notice that the preset for 720p video is 12mbs, so 4x more than the 3x you used in your sample.    At the end of the day, even using the 720p preset will be much better quality than the settings you had.  You will ahve to confirm if facebook will accept the higher 1080p preset or 2160p.

I think this will correct your export problem and make it look better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should of added, the timeline you created is 720p, so exporting with the facebook preset marked 720p is the most you should do, if you are not prepared to edit the sequence settings, and change it to 2160p.  Basicaly,  if your sequence is a lower setting than the export, the export will suffer in quality.  MY first post was to get you to change the sequence settings (which you can edit without having to redo everythign on the time line) so that you had choices when you exported.  

As a general workflow rule, I keep my workflow in the best quality of the source footage, and use the export process to lower the target you need.      Next time you trying this,  start with a sequence that matches your source.  This can done when you place the clip on the timeline, it will ask you to keep settings or change, select the chance.  The shortcut that you should however use, is drag the clip to timeline work area, before you even create a sequence, and that way it will automaticaly use the quality of the source clip.

Its really hard to get all those accross in a post, so hopefully it makes sense.  I find that people posting youtube how to's often neglect to explain the "why" and just give you the steps.  I feel like you followed someone how to that told you to make a sequence that matched the final output they expected for facebook video (the 720p).  But even then,  the sequence setting you have is messed up, it looks like its interaced video and DV video format.  If thats the case, its not going to look good no matter what you do for export (or as good as it should anyways).

My best advice is to edit thos esequence settings to get to a 4k timeline then use export to make sure its facebook preset.

whats your background with premier?  how expericned are you with it?  fixing it possible, but does require some intermediate skills with premier sequence settings etc.  If your really stuck,  let me know and I will do my best with responses for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re:whats your background with premier?  how expericned are you with it? 

I just got Premiere, so no background and hoping to learn and gain experience.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a private message BTW.....

Thanks for letting me know your background with Premier.  I wanted to ensure I was responding at the right level,  Premier flexibility is outstanding, but that also can make it more complex when making decisions if your not aware of impacts.

I would change those timeline / sequence settings to match the 4K 60 FPS footage from the gopro.  It might ask you a qustion about 'preview files' - its okay to let it delete those.  you can generate new ones if needed.

Once the Sequence settings are changed back to 4k, you may notice that the videos you placed on that timeline are 1/4 the size and in the middle of the preview, with black border around all 4 sides.  If this is the case, this is because you would have had to make the 4k source from the GP smaller to fit it into that timeline (I looked at your screen shot again, and that time line setting is horrible, its for 1990's).  You can change the size back to 100% (but this even gets complex if you did set to frame vs scale to frame).  

I did a quick test where I created the sequence with the same settigns you used, and imported a 4K clip.  When I palced the clip on the seqeunce, it asked me to keep settings or change (I clicked keep - which is the wrong way, but allows me to test in the same condition you ahve).  Once I did that,  the clip was added to the timeline at 100% so I could only the middle portion fo the original.

So with that said,  You may have ad to either manual enter a zoom number liek 25% or left it at 100% without noticing you were missing the extra video from the frame. (Assumign I i matched exactly how you did these steps).

Screen shot below:

FlyingFourFun_0-1611001362231.png

You will see here, that if you select the clip (the bottom left of that windows - the purple icon with no clipname for some reason) and then in the top right you see the "Sequence 01 * DJI_0016.mp4).  Under that you will see a scale setting.   This is where you will chance the size of the clip.  I expect it fill the video frame if set to 100% and the timeline has properly been converted to 4K @ 60FPS.

If not thats okay, its all fixable still, just too many if then do this to type out.

If at this point the sequence setting is correctly set yo 4k, and the video clips were all at 100% you will notice that the video fills the whole screen, and sharpens the image in the preview windows.  I Tested this just now as I typed to ensure it happens as I described it.

If that worked, you now have a proper 4K timeline for your GP9 footage.  check it over, and it looks good, you are ready to export.  Which there is one small trick to doing also;  You have to have the timeline window selected, then you can export the meda.  If you do it with the project bin, it export the highlighted clip (always surpises new users).  or if another window is slected it will nto do anything leaving you wondering what happened.  The keyboard short cut to export is Ctrl-M or you can pull it down from the file menu also.

When your in the export dialog, ensure that the H.264 is selected in format first, uncheck the match sequence settings.  (Screen shoot below).  The facebook preset is ONLY visable when the format is set to h264.  The presets all chance based on what is in the format selection.  

FlyingFourFun_1-1611001872570.png

This screen shot shows the not selected "match sequence" and the format as H264, and scroll down to the facebook setting, and pick one of the three.  I dont use facebook, but one of those will for sure work with facebook uploads.  the one marked 2160P will match the quality of the original source footage very close. 

I hope this workflow gives you some ideas and brings you back to gettign a crisp output to share. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The funny thing is that I followed the tutorials using the clips contained and everything looks good. I did everything it said to bring in my clips to create a new Project. They never said check or change any settings. I reviewed the clips in the source window looking for what I wanted and marked them. I then put them on the timeline and added some titles and transitions. The tutorial said to export using H.264 and a medium bitrate. The edited clips look fine in the Program window and display how I wanted. Exporting then makes them look crappy and ghosted looking.

I will try your recommendations and go from there. It's all fun, just a little disappointed that the end result was less than the quality of the clips.

Sly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines