• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported MP4 files don't have thumbnails and constantly freeze

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of weeks ago whenever I tried to use Chrome I could only use it for a couple of minutes, chrome would flash black for a second and then I could use it again for another minute or two. This would occur on any website I went to. I have the latest version. I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled to no avail. I then started using Microsoft Edge, I didn't want to but I had no choice and that was working fine. I use Adobe Premiere Pro as a video editor and any other MP4's I exported up until a week or so ago were fine. Now, they don't have thumbnails anymore except for the audio icon. When I go to play it in Windows Media Player, sometimes it plays right away, but usually it hangs Windows Media Player for about 10 minutes and then it will open and play fine. Whenver I try to use Chrome or Edge to upload to my youtube channel these 3 files, as soon as I click the file, both browsers freeze. I was only able to start the process by dragging and dropping the file instead of clicking on it. When I did this, Chrome immediately froze whereas Edge at least started the process of letting me upload but then froze and after about 5 minutes both flashed a black screen and then I can use the browsers from anywhere between 15 seconds to a minute before they hang again. I am able to access other programs I have open while this is going on.

As of about 4 or 5 days ago, Chrome no longer freezes anymore, except when trying to upload to YouTube.

I don't really understand what could be going on! I have run a virus scan on Malware Bytes and Norton and both didn't find anything. I know a couple of weeks ago I was removing some unwanted programs and I wonder if I removed something I shouldn't have but I am decent with computers...

Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to clarify one point., the existing MP4's from a week prior and older they all play fine and have thumbnails. It's only the last 3 files I have tried...different videos by the way, that are doing this. The originals are in MPG or MP4 files.

Uploading to Youtube is smooth if I choose any other files other than the last 3...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also I should add I am running Windows 10 64-bit, Intel I7 920 @2.67GHz and 20GB ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines