• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported sequence is shorter in length

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AN EXAMPLE OF MY ISSUE: My sequence is 30 seconds in length. When I export the sequence, the length of the file ends up being 4 seconds short. I have tried different sequence and export settings, with the same result. The only setting that seems to keep the file length to the composition is "Format: H264  Preset: Match Source - High bitrate" 

My timeline settings are: Canon XF MPEG2 1080i/p

Timebase: 29.97 frames/sec

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have ran a bunch of test. I've tried various sequence settings and export settings. There was one or two solutions that worked when I tested it. But when I attempted those same settings the next day, they didn't work. I also imported the file, that I had exported, back into Premiere. Sometimes they were the correct length. Sometimes, they were a few frames short.

This problem that I am going though is with Premiere Pro 2020.

I still have the Premiere Pro 2019. I re-created my original settings and experimented with what worked initially (as I had stated above), and everything was fine. The file's lengths were not clipped. I think there is a glitch somewhere within the Premiere Pro 2020 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was the project started in 2019 or 2020?

If 2019, try opening a new project in 2020 and import the 2019 project into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines