• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting 4K 24fps audio sync issue

New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot some footage with my Sony A7iii @ 4K 24fps. I then opened up premier pro and started a Red r3d 4k HD 23.976 sequence and dragged the footage over to the timeline. After exporting the audio of the footage wasn't In sync I must have tried it 100 times. If I export it in 29.976 it's fine. I'd like to get this fired out so I can get the most out of my camera. Any thoughts? FYI this also happened when I was exporting my gopro at 4K 24fps ! 

TOPICS
Audio , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

basically the best practice for most people is to match the new project ( sequence ) with the source media.

in your case you got a camera and you are getting some kinda wrapper and codec. Let's say it's mov h264.

your camera manual and or online camera manufacturer can tell you what your camera 'records'. So, that's your first step.

find out what you got for source.

Then match that in settings for your project.

Then ( usually always necessary nowadays ) choose a proxy and cache stuff for 'rendering' 

the reason is some highly compressed stuff from source is hard to edit cause it puts tons of pressure on hardware (cpu, gpu, ram, gpu, drives, etc etc )

You'll be well off just making a custom thing matching your source if you don't have your specific camera source listed for dummies who don't know what the camera makes.

Adobe can't keep up with automatic presets for every camera on earth ... so do this first of all and save a lot of headaches.

there's no reason in the world to start a project as r3d when shooting with your camera.

after that you have to deal with what is going on with sound sync.... 

this is not easy to understand and the best thing is to start with the basics and then move on.

🙂

good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much. What would you recomend for the sequence. I thought it was the on 4K sequence setting. Also I shot the clip with a picture profile maybe that did it? A well respected guy on you tube stated you could use the red 4K 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines