Exporting 4K and getting bad resolution

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've been trying to export an edit which uses a colour corrected prores 422 .mov at 4k. Unfortunately, everytime I try an h264 4K export, I end up with a terrible quality image throughout, very compressed.

Any advice? I read from a previous post that it was a bug in the settings, through the "maximum bit rate" box, but I followed that with no luck. Article here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/major-lumetri-rendering-bug/td-p/10460310?page=1

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting 4K and getting bad resolution

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've been trying to export an edit which uses a colour corrected prores 422 .mov at 4k. Unfortunately, everytime I try an h264 4K export, I end up with a terrible quality image throughout, very compressed.

Any advice? I read from a previous post that it was a bug in the settings, through the "maximum bit rate" box, but I followed that with no luck. Article here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/major-lumetri-rendering-bug/td-p/10460310?page=1

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot export settings with left tab to output with image.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshot of the export settings

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 10.35.03 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10 Mbs seems a bit low for 4k material, I wouldn't go that low for standard HD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My last export was at 16 and it looked terrible. Thoughts?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For 4k material, 20Mbps is pretty low if there's much detail or movement. So keep trying higher Mbps.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently tried 50mbps, and it's resulting in the same compression as 20.

Here's 20Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 1.07.35 PM.png

here's 50:

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 1.08.38 PM.png

To the naked eye on VLC and Quicktime, they are basically identical. I'm rendering out one at 100, but I think the problem is elsewhere

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just  tried 200, that seems to be helping. But is it normal to be losing so much light in the render?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loosing light in the rendering? What does the rendered video look like if you place it back into a Premiere Pro sequence? The video might be worth watching.

https://youtu.be/K7EGNJop_HE

This video demonstrates a method to have your rendered images that are upload to YouTube look like what you see in the GUI of Premiere Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're on a Mac, it seems ... and the Mac's ColorSync color management utility is a Mac-specific selection of parts of the video standards sadly. So, as with any PC user, you have to take charge of your system to get color management done right ... and it's not necessarily easy to puzzle through.

So that's an entirely different, and longer discussion.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0