Exporting 5.1 audio as 6 individual mono audio tracks

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on feature length documentary with Premiere Pro CS6. I have assigned a 5.1 audio format for my project.

The problem: when I try to export the 5.1 audio mix as a WAV file containing all 5.1 channels with a resolution of 24 bit, the encoder comes back with an error message. The problem obviousely is the size of the WAV file which cannot be bigger than 4 GB.

The workaround: when I am reducing the resolution to 16 bit (instead of 24) it works out fine. In that case the file size is less than 4 GB.

Since I am reducing the resolution down to 16 bit I guess that I am also reducing on audio quality. So my idea was to export each of the 5.1 audio channels one by one as separate WAV files to overcome the size limit of the WAV files. BUT: how can I do that? Is there a way to export each of the 5.1 tracks individually?

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Audio, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export each channel as a separate channel.

Annotation 2020-01-24 114542.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately my version of CS6 does not have the "Export each channel as a separate file" option. Or is it hidden somewhere else?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, in that case you may have to upgrade to get this option. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile I have found a workaround to overcome this problem: I am rendering the audio part of my documentary with the desired resolution of 5.1 channels at 24 bits, thus avoiding the WAV files getting bigger than 4 GB. I then load both files into Audition and concatenate the two WAV files. Then I use the option to extract the 5.1 file into 6 separate mono tracks and export those 6 WAV mono files. These files are the input for the audio section of my DCP software.

I know it is a bit complicated but it seems to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
filmspezialist AUTHOR LATEST
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When reading my comment describing the workaround I realized that I had dropped a very important information. This this should read like this:

Meanwhile I have found a workaround to overcome this problem: I am rendering the audio part of my documentary with the desired resolution of 5.1 channels at 24 bits in two parts, thus avoiding the WAV files getting bigger than 4 GB. I then load both files into Audition and concatenate the two WAV files. Then I use the option to extract the 5.1 file into 6 separate mono tracks and export those 6 WAV mono files. These files are the input for the audio section of my DCP software.

I know it is a bit complicated but it seems to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines