• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting 5.1 Mix + Two Stereo Tracks in One QT

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to deliver a QT of a trailer to a streaming service. They are requesting the following specs for audio: 8 Tracks (L, R, C, Lfe, Ls, Rs, Stereo-Left, Stereo-Right) / Loudness -23db

I'm currently testing my audio workflow (basing it off of this thread) but have some questions about the result.

1. I've set up a template sequence for the edit (black video for placeholder). The trailer will only be using a single song, which the client has provided as a stereo file, which I have edited to fit the time.

1_Edit Sequence.png

2. Then, I've nested my edit sequence, brought it into the template export sequence that I downloaded from the original thread, and have duplicated the audio track to fill each of the 8 tracks. (Is this correct, or will this negatively affect the audio quality because it's the same audio on top of itself 8 times?)

2_Nested Sequence.png

This is how the audio tracks are mapped in the new export sequence. (I've added the required Loudness Rader and a Hard Limiter to the master track).

3_Nested Sequence_AudioTrackMixer.png

4_Nested Sequence_AudioChannels.png

3. Then, I'm using the following export settings (also downloaded from the previous thread)

5_Export Settings.png

When I bring the resulting .mov back into Premiere, this is the resulting sequence / and how it appears in the audio track mixer panel. 

6_Result.png

7_Result_AudioTrackMixer.png

I'm confused by a few things here. The peaking indicates that the loudness radar / hard limiter did not affect the stereo tracks in the master (but it does appear to be working when looking at Audio 2 in the Track Mixer).  And, finally, curious why the stereo tracks appear as the first two bars in the audio levels panel when they are supposed to be tracks 7/8.

I'm major audio noob, and a highly visual learner so screenshots are BEYOND appreciated in your responses if possible - thanks in advance!!!

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so you don't have a 5.1 mix and you're just duplicating your mix to fill the 6 tracks or am I misreading your post?    That's not a 5.1 mix and does not fufill the specs.  There are plug-ins that will create a 5.1 mix that might fufill the specs...  but you should talk to an audio guy who may be able to help you at a reasonable expense.    Or you can spend some time googling and try and do it yourself.  Not sure if the plug-ins would work within premiere.  You might need to use a dedicated audio program like audition, protools or whatever the apple one's named...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Googling was what led me to the original post I referenced, which are the steps I was following. Would you be able to point me to any of those plug-ins you speak of? I haven't been able to locate any, that would be a fantastic help. I have Audition, so am able to purchase plug-in's for that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

got lots of hits googling "audio plugins to fake a 5.1 mix."  This is not my field of expertise but I've had to deliver 5.1 mixes on a number of projects and since I was working with a sound designer we discussed what the options were.  We always went with a more "custom" approach but I imagine one of these plug-ins would do the job.  As to configuring the output, that's always been a nightmare.  I've had to do it maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 5 years.  The first few times were outputting from fcp7.  If you get stuck on how to configure the output in Premiere, do some searching here.  I seem to remember a conversation a year or so ago about exactly this subject.  If you can't find it, post back and I'll see if I can dig it up...  I seem to remember that you had to have a set of 4 stereo tracks which you then output as individual mono tracks, but I may be hallucinating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines