Exporting a 29.97i frame rate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been asked to deliver a project with the following codec as seen in the attachment. )I'm new to broadcast deliveries). I've been able to find almost everything  under the mxf op1a presets that I need except for specification of the frame rate being interlaced. The option is there for proggressive or Upper First. I may be reaching here but does upper first refer to it being interlaced?

Appreciate the help

G

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Fields" are always referred to as either upper first or lower first, and yes, that means interlaced.

To give us a view of that image, please simply drag/drop it into your text reply box so we can see it.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
G-RISING AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome thanks. sorry I'm new here. just figuring out my way around

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in the case of 1080i video, it's always upper field first. Lower-field-first 1080i video is not compliant with broadcast specs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
G-RISING AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

boat-1-2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a test export of a clip using the XDCAM 50 60i preset, the only change I made was in the Audio tab, dropping the file to 16 bits rather than the preset's 24bit. The "50" in that preset is the approximate bitrate.

This would seem to handle everything you need ... and note, "60i" for 60 frames interlaced and "29.97i" are the same thing in reality.

Neil

XDCam50 60i.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
G-RISING AUTHOR
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. You don't know how many days I've been searching online looking for clues to demistify this. 🙂

Cheers!

G

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of these things in video post are far more confusing when you start out than it seems like it should be.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
G-RISING AUTHOR LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ain't that the truth. haha. Thank you sir. grateful for your wisdom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines