• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a LARGE video in Premier Pro

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I'm new to Premier Pro - been using Photoshop for over 20 years, but just starting with video.  I have created a LARGE file, about 30 miinutes, with old Super 8 movie clips, music and graphics.  Lots of transitions and some editing.  I've had success exporting smaller films (2-5 minutes) as mp4s, but with this one, I cannot even get up the EXPORT dialog box when I click COMMAND+M or FILE>EXPORT.  Nothing!  Also, the program crashes quite often - what am I doing wrong?  Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Crash , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the specs on your computer ... OS/RAM/GPU, the number of drives installed and how connected, and ... how much free space on the drives in use?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi R Neil!  My OS is Catalina 10:15:7 - not updated to Big Sur yet.  8 GB memory (can handle 16 in all).  Not sure where to find GPU specs...or even what it is (forgive my ignorance).  Other than my HD, I have a Seagate "Time Machine" drive, which is USB port connected.  My HD has a 2 TB capacity, and I've only used 334.43 GB.  The Time Machine is about 90% filled.  I finally did get my film exported to an mp4...but one of the MAJOR problems I have is that when I open a Premier Pro file, the program boots up, then IMMEDIATLY collapses to the dock.  And it takes forever for the program to be up and running for me.  Is this usual?  And thanks for getting back to me!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 GB is too little for video editing, might your main bottleneck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

might be*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!  Thanks!.  I'll looking into filling the other 2 memory slots!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines