• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Black Video (ALREADY installed a new driver)

Participant ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking your time to read this and help me 🙂 

So, there was a notification telling me that I have to install a driver, which I did. But when I export the video, it is PITCH BLACK. The audio is there, but not the video. Also, when I play it back before exporting, the video also disappears when I pause it and only comes back again when I play it. Everything works just fine when rendering with software only, but all of the above mentioned problems occurs when rendering with (CUDA) GPU Acceleration. 

If the driver isn't compatible or applicable (the one I downloaded) then a notification should pop up, no? 

I also tried https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhWeMPt3SQc
but it didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you again.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you save and close the project and then re-start the computer and try again?

If nothing, add more info such as specific version of Premiere Pro, specific graphic card, specific graphic card driver and specific info about the project/media/resolution and Export Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I restarted the laptop, but the problem is still not solved. 

Reminder: it is also black BEFORE exporting. The video only appears when playing back. 

pitch black.PNG

Premiere pro 14.0

Graphic Card: GeForce GTX 1650, driver version 456.38, driver type DCH

Capture.PNG

Project/Media/Resolution (mp4, 1280*720, frame rate 30, Video Codec H.264 4:2:0) A video from Iphone. 

Capture.PNG

Export Setting: Format H.264, 1920*1080, 29.97 fps, progressive, hardware encoding, VBR 1 pass, target 16 Mbps AAC...

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that sticks out is the odd frame rate on the source sequence caused by the fact that the source footage is variable frame rate, something Premiere Pro dislikes.

Go to Sequence > Sequence Settings and change the Frame Rate from 29.438 to 30 and click OK. This may be the solution but i doubt it.

If it still fails, it would be intersesting to know if simply disabling the Adjustement Layer on V2 solves it. Or, go to File > Project Settings > General and set the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine CPU (Software Only). If it still fails installing this driver may help: 456.74

If you start a brand new project, do the same thing happen there as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I will try changing the frame rate and see what happens. 

If I do (software only) everything works fine of course, but I would like to work with CUDA since the playback is faster. 

I will also try installing the driver you recommended. Thank you. 

Once I have tried your suggestions, I will also tell u whether it has worked or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will definitely try your suggestions. Thank you so much for this. 

Once I have tried it, I will also tell you what has worked and what not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have done what you suggested (MediaInfo) but where exactly does it say whether it is a variable frame rate or not?

General.PNGaudio.PNGvideo.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I handbraked it and it works (thank you!), HOWEVER, it only works when I make a sequence out of THAT video. I can not use any preset sequence. On top of that, I can NOT add any other videos to that sequence either even though they have been hand braked and have a constant frame rate. 

Sum it up: it works with only ONE video. I have to make a sequence out of THAT video. I can not use any preset sequences. I can not add any other videos on top of that sequence even though they have been handbraked.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing that I like to add is that...I had to import all of the videos AT THE SAME TIME. I have no idea why, but otherwise it doesn't work. So, handbrake the videos then drag ALL OF THEM AT THE SAME TIME into the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines