Exporting Black Video

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting a video and everything seems fine in the preview menu, but when its exported it shows up with a black screen. The audio exports perfectly fine but there is no video.

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting Black Video

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting a video and everything seems fine in the preview menu, but when its exported it shows up with a black screen. The audio exports perfectly fine but there is no video.

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 15, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video also only consists of pictures 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Nolan,

Sorry man! Can you show us a screenshot of those Export Settings? Also, full details of your system and media. That would help.

Cheers,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing exactly the same problem for the past month or so on my Macbook Pro. I never used to have a problem exporting, now regardless of the settings, all I get is a black screen with audio. The preview and rendering are fine. I've tried many of the "solutions" posted online and nothing changes the end result.

Interestingly, I just tried importing the black video into Resolve and it plays fine. The issue is obviously related to Quicktime, despite the fact that the exported media was in Quicktime!

Any suggestions would be appreciated. See my settings attached, although I have tried many including NTSC with the same results.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0