Highlighted

Exporting - Encoding to QuickTime file

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have finished editing my roughly 1 hr. 30 min. project in premiere and started to export it into a QuickTime file. The encoding time presently estimates it will take about 4 hr. 30 min. to finish. That's crazy long. Is this expected due to the file size of is there a way I can export faster; maybe to a different file type? Any help is greatly appreciated since I am new to using premiere. Thanks!

TOPICS
Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting - Encoding to QuickTime file

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have finished editing my roughly 1 hr. 30 min. project in premiere and started to export it into a QuickTime file. The encoding time presently estimates it will take about 4 hr. 30 min. to finish. That's crazy long. Is this expected due to the file size of is there a way I can export faster; maybe to a different file type? Any help is greatly appreciated since I am new to using premiere. Thanks!

TOPICS
Export, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effects applied? Post screenshot export settings

comp specs. (full setup) Pr and OS build (not just the latest).

Media used in Mediainfo in treeview.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting from Premiere takes time. A lot depends on the complexity of your project, resolution of videos, their file sizes, etc.

Also, exporting to QuickTime will take time as it creates a high quality video file which will be big.

As an example, on my Premiere courses we create this 3 min sequence in 720p HD. When we export it as QuickTime it's almost 0.5GB in size!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long it takes to export your sequence will also depend on the processing power of your computer, especially the processor.

Also, keep in mind that estimated time will adjust as it progresses exporting, so it may not take 4 hr 30 min, it may take 2-3 hours.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0