• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting from Premiere Pro Produces a Blank Video File

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Matter how I change the setting including exporting through media encoder when I export a video from Premiere it is black with no sound. It is the correct length but nothing is there. I have even tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling. Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

As a test, export a short section of your video - say 20 seconds - and set the exported fame rate to 29.97.

See if that file is any better.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screen shot of your Export Settings, including the Summary, like this example below:

ME Export settings.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 2.26.13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What created your source file? It has a rather odd frame rate.

Does the timeline you are editing on show a yellow or red bar above the source clip, indicating a need for rendering?

If you force render a section of the timeline, does that display correctly?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source file was created from a goto webinar mp4. The timeline does show a yellow bar above the source. I did a force render of the file which did change the bar to green and tried re-exporting but got the same results.Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 3.09.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you viewing the exported file?

If you import that exported file back in to Premiere Pro, does the video play correctly in Premiere Pro?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meg The Dog I am viewing the export in Quicktime. If I try to pull the exported file back into Premiere Pro I get this error.

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 3.28.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test, export a short section of your video - say 20 seconds - and set the exported fame rate to 29.97.

See if that file is any better.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meg The Dog​ that worked!! I tested the frame rate at 29.97 and it exported correctly. I just finished exporting the full video and everything worked beautifully. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but setting it to 29.97 FPS doesn't help.

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 8.21.38 pm.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with a webinar...strangely from a Spectrum competitor

Thanks everyone for solving the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same issues of just a blank screen exporting with audio, and can't figured out why. Here are my export settings.
2019-10-30_1600.png2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if it helps, the exported video DOES work and have video in the project bin in the lower-left of the screen. I even tried creating a new timeline with this newly exported video, but still no video when I try and actually open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue and nothing so far worked. We're you able to find a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I may have just found a very very simple answer to this. I was having the same issue and it was a storage problem! 

When I deleted files off of the drive I was trying to export onto I was able to export my file without any issue. 

So make sure you have enough storage space! 

Let me know if that was it! Very curious if that's the simple solve here for others 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved the exact problem for me also. Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

This worked for me:

Go to "Sequence" menu - "Sequence Settings". Select Editing mode as "HDV 1080p". Timebase: 23.976 frames. OK. Confirm to regenerate the previews.

That absolutely worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I tried do that but my computer won't let me resize the tab as smaller so that I can press ok and confirm my options. Any tips? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So,  I needed five minutes worth of video from the 'middle' of a long video.  I used control M to export the video, and it was blank, black, no audio.  

Solution:  REMEMBER TO MOVE THE SLICED VIDEO TO THE FRONT OF THE TIMELINE.   That way when you click on your video, it immediately begins to play the sequence.  I had left the sliced video in the middle of the timeline, so I would have had to click on the exported video and play it up to that point (ex. fastforward it 40 minutes to the sliced video) inorder to see my sliced portion.

You can simply click on the sliced video in the Timeline and drag it to the beginning of the timeline.  **Also, from now, I will only export videos to the Adobe file on my hard drive and not my flashdrive.  For some reason, exporting to the flashdrive gave me an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah not sure what caused this issue for me but I tried everything and just kept getting 0 second exports. Finally just had to make a new sequence from scratch, copy all my footage into the new one and export that one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines