Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting From Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I set up a movie slideshow at HDV1080P, I would like to export it for the file to be viewed on TV, I guess most TVs (UK) are widescreen, eventually, I would like to burn it to a DVD to give to a friend, could you tell me the Export settings best to suit my idea.  I think it could be Format: MPEG-DVD Preset PAL DV Wide but I'm not too sure, thank you as always

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes mpeg2-dvd will do just fine.

Make sure in the export settings you check Scale to fill otherwise you will have narrow black bars on the side.

Also make sure the fields are the same. HDV is proberbly upper, so should your dvd.

Why not export to a mp4 in HD settings and put that on a usb flash drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann,

So if I export as mpeg2-dvd, I use DVD Flick to burn it to a DVD?  I don't have Encore.  Could I use mp4 & burn it to a DVD?  That is a fantastic idea about a USB Flash Drive, do I just export the file & copy it to the USB?

Your help is very much appreciated

Best wishes,

Graeme

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woops, forgot to ask, on the Preset should I chose Pal DVD Wide or PAL DV or something else?  I live in the UK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guessing you want wide(screen).........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anne, you have been really helpful, I feel like I have had a masterclass!  Yes, I think widescreen would be better, but should I use MPEG2, MPEG4 etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mpeg2-dvd is for making dvd. MP4 (as in H.264)is for the flash drive.

Two different things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines