Exporting Graphics From Illustrator to be used a Premiere

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am wanting to export a series of different graphics indivually from Illustrator to then be arranged into a stop motion video in Premiere Pro and then export the video from there. However, I can't seem to export a high quailty video, everytime its slightly blurry. Is there a way to create high quality graphics videos with these programs? 

TOPICS
Export, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere supports Ai files.

Drawback is they are rasterized on import.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to create high quality graphics videos with these programs? 

Yes, use After Effects instead of Premiere Pro. In After Effects you can tick the Continuously Rasterize switch for the vector graphic and that will give you razor sharp output.

ai.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Output to what format?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the needs, but any intermediate codec if you want to use the animation in Premiere Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resolution would you choose high or that of the timeline in Pr.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about using Dynamic Link to add the Ae comp to the Pr sequence? Then you only have to make one export decision. And you get live updates when you make changes in Ae.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to avoid DL most of the time it does not do as advertised.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had good success with it over the years. I agree that the "Replace with After Effects Composition" command is flaky, but if you are very careful with your Ae project names, and if you add the Ae comp before doing any work in Ae, it works. 

If you use the following method to get the comp into Pr, It's very reliable:
  1. In Adobe Premiere Pro, choose File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Import After Effects Composition. ...
  2. In Adobe Premiere Pro, choose an After Effects project file and click Open. ...
  3. Drag one or more compositions from the After Effects Project panel to the Adobe Premiere Pro Project panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of whether a DI or DL is used, the key is Roger's suggestion to use Ae's Continuously Rasterize function to keep your graphics sharp.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replace with Ae comp works fine. Its the updating from Ae to Pr that is flaky. Hence the advies to use intermediate files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dynamic Link has too many issues and chokes Premiere Pro projects too often. I never recommend it, for anything. For live updates, Edit Original is as good when working with intermediates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dp that mean you even have to export the files for can you open them in after effects via illustrator 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what would be your reccomended work flow for something like this 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dp that mean you even have to export the files for can you open them in after effects via illustrator 

Save them as .ai via File > Save in Illustrator and make sure that the Document Color Mode is RGB.

what would be your reccomended work flow for something like this 

When the file has been saved in Illustrator, just use File > Import in After Effects and make sure that Import As is set to Composition - Retain Layer Syles. Personally i work mostly with logos and type made in Illustrator, so i do not have so much more knowledge than this when it comes to workflow between Ai and Ae.

If you need more help i recommend to post your questions here: After Effects on Adobe Support Community

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still not getting perfectly sharp text and graphics when moving between illustrator and after effects its so annoying! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Ann Bens LATEST
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the resolution of these ai files and what are your sequence settings in Pr.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines