• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Media

Participant ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to determine what is my best export settings for my needs. I work on a PC, very fast computer with a GeForce GTX 1070 card. I primarly create real estate videos ranging from 30 sec to 4 min. These videos are exported for real estate agents to use on their website and social media. Right now I use H.264 and High Quality 1080p export. What are best export settings I should use? I often check the box that says Maximum Render Quality - not sure if I should even check this box. Love the opinions of experts. 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Is it safe to assume that these real estate agents are using YouTube or Vimeo? If so, I would go by YouTube and Vimeo's submission/upload guidelines. Both YouTube and Vimeo each have a webpage that lists detailed recommendations for various video sizes (HD, 4K, 8K etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H.264 is a good option for social media, general purpose. I forget what the "High Quality" export bitrate is, but I'm sure it is sufficient.

As Brandon mentions, you can always refer to each site's reccommended bitrates, but I personally like to go a bit over their reccommendations, as YouTube and the like all compress your videos again when you upload them, so overshooting a bit helps you preserve some quality. I mean, you could go overkill with it, but then you start hitting some large file sizes and that may be excessive for your needs especially if you're handing these off to realtors.

As an example, I use a target bit rate of 18 Mbps for my 1080p30 videos, YouTube reccommends 8 Mbps for 1080p30.

I often check the box that says Maximum Render Quality - not sure if I should even check this box.

This helps primarily for when your output resolution is different than your source. (ie 3840p source sequence exporting to 1080p). It can help maintain sharp detail. That said, if you're not resizing you can leave it off as it will add extra encode time unnecessarily, and may even cause any existing compression artifacts (if there are any) to look worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Max Render Q is for when you are resizing, say UHD media in a 1080 project timeline, and are getting jaggies on diagonal lines. Other than that it is useless.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Imo there is no need to check Max Render if you have a dedicated gpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines