• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting multichannel audio

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I will preface this by stating I am not an editor and my knowledge of Premiere Pro is very limited - I am an archivist/asset manager and I use it to do some simple fixes on files. So if it's possible to word responses in plain English, that would be appreciated!

I am trying to do some fixes on a 4 audio track (4 channels) ProRes 422 HQ video file. When I try to export the media, it only gives me a 2 channel stereo option, I cannot add more than 2. 

All 4 tracks are in the workspace and are highlighted - so it knows they are there. Poking around forums like this, it seems the solution is to change the sequence settings - but it won't let me! Under sequence settings, that option is grayed out. How do I fix this?? On another response, someone said to make a new sequence with different settings but I don't see how to do that? I cannot find a 'create new sequence' option in any of the menus.

I can make do with just 2 tracks for now, but it'd be nice to include all of them in the fixed file (instead of having to make a separate file for the missing audio or something if it's needed). 

I'm on an iMac running High Sierra and using Premiere Pro CC 14.8 (2020).

TOPICS
Audio , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Project panel, New/Sequence.

Select something that's got similar frame-size/rate as you need, say the Arri 1080p 23.976 if that fits the bill. Then go to the Tracks tab, and set the audio channels as you need.

Now save as a preset.

Now go to the New Sequence icon, select Custom and your new preset. You'll have a sequence set for the video framerate/size of your project and with the number and type of audio channels you want to have.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for responding! Maybe I'm just being an idiot, but I don't see a New Sequence option in the project panel. 

This is the panel you mean right? I only see an option to make a new bin, nothing about sequence..

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 5.51.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ignore my other reply - i found the new sequence menu option! its under File then New.

Thanks for the help! Hopefully I can figure it out now.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines