Exporting Problem with Adjustment Layer

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a weird problem trying to export a ProResHQ file with an adjustment layer. Have an adjustment layer with wave warp and fast blur applied. Set the opacity to ease in and out so the effects don't just harshly pop on and off. Within Premiere and when I export an H264 version it looks great. However, when I export a ProResHQ version the effects just pop on without the opacity ramp. Tried nesting things, different export settings...can't figure it out to save my life! Any ideas?

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To further confuse things...I tried ProRes4444 and that works great too! So only ProResHQ is having the problem. Which just happens to be the format I have to deliver in...of course. Haha.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you set your sequence Preview format to ProResHQ, and do a render/replace ... and get good quality?

If you queue over to MediaEncoder for the export, is that better?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProResHQ isn't an option under my preview formats. Tried Media Encoder but get the same result.

My only thought is to render a ProRes4444 version. Then bring that back into Premiere and render out a ProResHQ version. Annoying...but should work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or just export the section with the adjustment layer (without the opacity ins and outs) and replace that section with the file you exported...   I know, I know, it's a workaround but might get you over the hump.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I just ended up rendering a 4444 version...then bringing it back into Premiere and exporting a ProResHQ. Sometimes the mysteries of Premiere are meant to stay a secret. Haha.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just odd. When I look for the Quicktime options in the Preview settings section of the Sequence settings, one of the available formats is ProRes422 HQ. You're not seeing that option, though?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably because the editing mode in my sequence settings is DNX 1080p.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your sequence settings for the supposed preset of settings (which is all that is) should not have any effect on the format/codec options for preview files.

When you choose Quicktime in the format box of the Preview settings section, what do you have in the preset list?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines