Highlighted

Exporting project crashes my computer

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a very amateur user! I have done my first project which is a virtual choir project and I am trying to export the project as a h.264 but my macbook keeps crashing about 60% in. I admit I am fairly clueless and would be grateful of any support. Thanks

Topics

Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting project crashes my computer

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a very amateur user! I have done my first project which is a virtual choir project and I am trying to export the project as a h.264 but my macbook keeps crashing about 60% in. I admit I am fairly clueless and would be grateful of any support. Thanks

Topics

Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any error report or anything of that nature?

Can you provide a little more info about your computer specs and premiere version?

Do you have enough room on the drive that you're exporting to?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that you used a screen recording program to record the video.  If so, the source files are probably variable frame rate.  Use media info to determine that

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

If it is variable frame rate use handbrake to convert to a constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr

and here's a tutorial how to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

You should be able to simply relink to the converted files.  Post back with any questions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is brilliantly helpful, and I suspect part of the problem, thank you - I'll learn about it and have a go.

After a bit of research I managed to export it through Preference-Media- unchecking the Enable Hardware acclerated decoding

Then on export I chose the Software encoding option and a 'Main' rate as opposed to High. 

Feeling around in the dark really but it has worked...for now!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines