Exporting sequence containing track matte key using alpha channel only - exports just white

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I hope you can help me.

I would like to render out an intro sequence that opens my online training videos. I want it export alpha channel only so to preserve transparency (it's a transition sequence, so I want it to appear over the shots either side of it). The problem is that the sequence itself has a track matte key using alpha matte - and when I select 'export alpha channel only' in the output options, everything turns white (the background color). Can anyone please help me to export this with transparency AND having a track matte key?

Many thanks

jonathan

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting sequence containing track matte key using alpha channel only - exports just white

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I hope you can help me.

I would like to render out an intro sequence that opens my online training videos. I want it export alpha channel only so to preserve transparency (it's a transition sequence, so I want it to appear over the shots either side of it). The problem is that the sequence itself has a track matte key using alpha matte - and when I select 'export alpha channel only' in the output options, everything turns white (the background color). Can anyone please help me to export this with transparency AND having a track matte key?

Many thanks

jonathan

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I've posted them as a reply. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 15.50.21.pngScreenshot 2020-12-03 at 15.50.13.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know H.264 does not support an alpha channel

Instead use Prores or Cineform.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I've experimented with a number of output options, but all of them bascially remove the track matte.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use a preset that contains the alpha channel such as Prores 4444 with alpha and then set the export option render alpha channel only?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0