• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting takes up storage?

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to export a video (approximately 30 minutes long) but it always cuts off exporting around the 20 minute mark because my disk ran out of storage. Before exporting I have around 200GB free, but while it exports the video takes up loads of storage  and eventually the no storage in disk message pops up. It also takes a very long time to export (2-3 hours) and the videos aren't an insane quality (Filmed on an iphone). I have the maximum render quality unchecked and the use previews options checked. If anyone has any advice please let me know šŸ™‚

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are exporting 4K uncompresssed or even 10 bit Pro Res it can take up a lot of hard drive space. You might want to use a RAID setup depending on the codec. The video below might be helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfT9ivfbJ98

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Andy suggests the size of your final export is dependant upon the length of your program, your frame size (HD, 4K etc.) and the codec you are exporting to. If you are using a 'pro' codec, such as Prores your files will be big. If you were to choose H.264 then it will be significantly smaller.

In the short term I would suggest you head out and buy yourself a cheap external USB hard drive (at least 1 Terrabyte) and use that to export your program too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines