• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting video changes time

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue exporting my video. It's a 2:39 video in Premiere Pro and but when I play it back after exporting it as a mp4 on my computer it's suddenly shorter in some parts and so goes to a black screen at the end with just the audio playing. 

Do I need to change something in the export settings? 

Format: H.264

Preset: YouTube 1080p Full HD

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Can you go to Preferences>Audio Hardware and make sure the input is set to none?

Have you tried exporting in a different codec and does the issue persist? If that fixes, can you try doing Software encoding and not Hardware?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's most likely your footage. Where did it come from, phone?

Variable frame rate footage (vfr) is commonly a problem. Best thing to do would be to use the free 'HandBrake' program to convert it to constant frame rate footage before you put it into PP.

You can use the free MediaInfo program to get info on your clips. Get the program from the link below and using the 'Tree' view post a screenshot of your clip info: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the footage is coming from a DSLR and the Frame Rate is 23.976 fps. 

In the program, the sequence I want to export is 2:40. But after exporting it and watching it through the video is over with 31 seconds left and the audio continues for the remainder of the video. It seems that the whole video (just the video, not audio)  is sped up. 

I tried to "Import into Project" and discovered that although the video before being exported is in 23.976 fps, the exported video is at 30.000 fps.

How can I change the settings when exporting to keep it at the correct frame rate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you go to Preferences>Audio Hardware and make sure the input is set to none?

Have you tried exporting in a different codec and does the issue persist? If that fixes, can you try doing Software encoding and not Hardware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I'm exporting into .mp4 using footage shot with the Canon RP. When I scroll in QuickTime Player to the end the last frame is black. Same thing happens when I import back into Premiere. But the strange thing is that when I play the clips to the end it doesn't go black, but after it stops playing and i hit the right arrow key, it goes one more frame ahead which is black. Furthermore, when I upload these clips to Instagram, it doesn't flash black inbetween loops. I have an out set that's not in the black so I don't know what exactly this black frame is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines