• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting video ends up double the original length

New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a 20 minute clip ready to export and when I go to export I use H.264 with match source - high bitrate(ive tried other presets) using VBR pass 1. My export ends up being 40 minutes overall and 50% slower. Any help on how I can fix this? The video itself is a recording from shadowplay in 4k.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am understanding that right - it is odd, especially if you've matched the sequence settings. Do you think you can post a picture of your export settings, being sure to include the summary area?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this same issue, just started happening yesterday and I've attempted to export 5 different times in various formats, same result.  Video footage is doubled in slow mo, but my audio stays in tact.  I'm trying to export to mobile 1080k from h.264 format, any help or insight would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really interested in what is causing this because I haven't ever seen that before, but we're going to need a bunch more information.

What are the exact specs of the media you're working with?

Specs of the Audio?

Specs of the Sequence?

Export Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. My video length is about 18.5 minutes and that is what the export settings are telling me. But when I export I get a video that is 37 minutes long and the file size is double what premiere's estimated file size is. This has happened to me on many different files all using these default settings. And the only way I have found to fix it is by exporting using the Match Sequence Settings option. Which is not ideal since that exports as an MPEG which becomes an issue when trying to upload to facebook.

Here are screenshots of my export settings.Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNGCapture5.PNGCapture6.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you can try the suggested Sumeet just posted below and change Hardware Encoding to Software.

As a workaround for using Match Sequence settings, you can set your preview files to be a master codec like ProRes 422 (pick a flavor, straight 422 or maybe LT would be fine for you) and then when the resulting export is finished you can then make an h264 copy from that - or whatever other codec you need. This isn't an uncommon way to work professionally: to export a master file and then make copies from that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. I would like to investigate this issue. Please try these changes in the Export Settings and check if it's exporting properly. Navigate to Export Settings > Video tab > Encoding Settings > set Performance to Software Encoding. Once these changes are made, try to export and let us know if it works.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues as the others above.  This did not solve the issue for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scrubmeister,

Have you tried exporting in any other format/codec and checked if it's working properly? Also, can you share a sample media with which you are experiencing this issue? It will help us to diagnose the issue at our end.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet, 

Thanks for getting back to me.  I did resolve the problem, but I am unsure if what I did truly fixed it.  I switched the time interpolation from frame sampling to frame blending and this seemed the be the only difference between when it worked and when it did not.  Unfortunatly, I am not well-versed enough in premiere to know if that was the issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt this: frame blending is btw only useful when export the sequence to a differnet framerate. But you are not.

I would turn off hardware encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We have a new version of Premiere Pro (v 14.3) available for download. Please update the app to the latest build and let us know if it's exporting properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running current version it is still doubling the exported video length

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I failed to be clear that I am having the double length export issue with Rush and not Pro. Apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue when trying to export today. I found that if you change your range settings to "entire range" rather than "custom" it exports at the correct length.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines