Exporting Video from Premiere or Media Encoder happens instantly and creates a tiny, broken file

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the most recent Mac OS.

I have created a 3 minutes video in Premiere Pro which includes a .mp4 and a .mov file.

Whenever I export on Premiere Pro I instantly get a 'Your video was exported successfully' (which is obviously impossible since it didn't spend any time making my file). Whenever I export on Media Encoder, it exports in less than a second and shows that it was completed.

When I look at the file created, it is tiny in size and does not play correctly.

I tried changing the GPU rendering settings, I get the same issue.

I tried uploading my files to InOneMotion (supercomputer rental service which runs Windows OS) to see if the files could be exported there. No, it didn't work there either. Same issue.

When I made a new project, with just an image and an audio file, it exported correctly. (software works)

I've tried encoding out to various filetypes and with various settings, doesn't work.

Conclusion: There is some problem with my file, and I don't know what it is. I spend a lot of time making it though so I don't want to make it again, especially if I'll have the same issue again.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting Video from Premiere or Media Encoder happens instantly and creates a tiny, broken file

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the most recent Mac OS.

I have created a 3 minutes video in Premiere Pro which includes a .mp4 and a .mov file.

Whenever I export on Premiere Pro I instantly get a 'Your video was exported successfully' (which is obviously impossible since it didn't spend any time making my file). Whenever I export on Media Encoder, it exports in less than a second and shows that it was completed.

When I look at the file created, it is tiny in size and does not play correctly.

I tried changing the GPU rendering settings, I get the same issue.

I tried uploading my files to InOneMotion (supercomputer rental service which runs Windows OS) to see if the files could be exported there. No, it didn't work there either. Same issue.

When I made a new project, with just an image and an audio file, it exported correctly. (software works)

I've tried encoding out to various filetypes and with various settings, doesn't work.

Conclusion: There is some problem with my file, and I don't know what it is. I spend a lot of time making it though so I don't want to make it again, especially if I'll have the same issue again.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2020 0

Have something to add?