Exporting video in PP and ME hard locks PC

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just built a new PC and whenever I try to export any video it hard locks. Doesn't matter if it's in Media Encoder or Premiere Pro but non Adobe software like HandBrake works fine. I am not even doing heavy rendering, this is outputting some low end SD footage. 

Specs are:

i9 10900k

32 GB RAM

GTX 1070

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting video in PP and ME hard locks PC

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just built a new PC and whenever I try to export any video it hard locks. Doesn't matter if it's in Media Encoder or Premiere Pro but non Adobe software like HandBrake works fine. I am not even doing heavy rendering, this is outputting some low end SD footage. 

Specs are:

i9 10900k

32 GB RAM

GTX 1070

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 17, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just and update, after fiddling around some more I realize that it is specifically H264 causing the crashing. I output an AVI no problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chris,

Are you using a preset, or is this H.264 export customized at all? Let us know if it is and what your settings are. Hopefully we can find out what's going on there.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
ChrisG-M LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I am changing is doing a constant bitrate of 1 MB/s. I thought I fixed it by turning off the hardware accelerated encoding and decoding and chaning the project file to Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and this worked for a few test exports and one 3.5 long 1080p video but now it is back to crashing on this 480p video I am exporting.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0