Highlighted

Exporting- Video Lag

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into a problem recently where whenever I export my project, the video no longer aligns with the audio. While the audio plays normal and stops/starts fine, the video lags terribly. When I open the project back up in premiere pro, this is not a problem. It's only once I've exported it. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Topics

Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting- Video Lag

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into a problem recently where whenever I export my project, the video no longer aligns with the audio. While the audio plays normal and stops/starts fine, the video lags terribly. When I open the project back up in premiere pro, this is not a problem. It's only once I've exported it. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Topics

Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About the only time this happens is when the original media file is VFR, variable frame rate. Produced by screen capture, phones, drones, whatever. The solution is to convert the file to CFR, constant frame rate, in the free utility app HandBrake . Make sure you set a specific number frame-rate and also check the CFR button, plus set compression to "near placebo."

After you do, move the original clip from the folder it's in, replace it with the new clip. If Premiere doesn't "see" the new clip, right-click on the 'missing media' icon and right-click to locate media.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines