Exporting with Multichannel Audio

Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to export XDCAM MXF files with four separate audio tracks from my sequence. I have each track on my sequence from a different source.

I go into create a new sequence and edit the tracks. I change my Master Track to Multi and my number of tracks to four. I change all four tracks from Standard to Mono.

While playing my sequence I see the audio mixer treating each of my four tracks as stereo. The only way for me to export and have all audio in my MXF is for me to change my audio channels in the export window to 8 channels and I get duplicate tracks of my audio. I can go in and erase one of each of the tracks but I would like a smoother delivery.

It is almost like Premiere (updated to the latest version BTW) overrides my mono selection. Any ideas on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting with Multichannel Audio

Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to export XDCAM MXF files with four separate audio tracks from my sequence. I have each track on my sequence from a different source.

I go into create a new sequence and edit the tracks. I change my Master Track to Multi and my number of tracks to four. I change all four tracks from Standard to Mono.

While playing my sequence I see the audio mixer treating each of my four tracks as stereo. The only way for me to export and have all audio in my MXF is for me to change my audio channels in the export window to 8 channels and I get duplicate tracks of my audio. I can go in and erase one of each of the tracks but I would like a smoother delivery.

It is almost like Premiere (updated to the latest version BTW) overrides my mono selection. Any ideas on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 27, 2020 0
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Audio Track Mixer panel, use the map & pan controls to create the track separation you need, eg:

map tracks A1 & A2 to output 1&2, pan A1 left (-100) A2 right (+100)

map tracks A3 & A4 to output 3&4, pan A3 left (-100) A4 right (+100)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0