Highlighted

Exports render faded unless I choose JPEG?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export animations from After Effects and Premier but they always render faded unless I export as JPEG sequences which is fine for bringing the animations from AE to Premier but eventually I have to export the entire animation as a video and can't find a way to export it without getting this washed out and faded look. I've tried every export option and only JPEG looks correct. I've tried changing the color profile in AE and in the original PSD files I was using. I've tried disabling noise/grain effects like another post suggested. I've three screens showing "accurate" colours and the difference is visible on them all.

I'm really not sure what could be causing this. Any help would be much appreciated!

1.JPG

2.JPG

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exports render faded unless I choose JPEG?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export animations from After Effects and Premier but they always render faded unless I export as JPEG sequences which is fine for bringing the animations from AE to Premier but eventually I have to export the entire animation as a video and can't find a way to export it without getting this washed out and faded look. I've tried every export option and only JPEG looks correct. I've tried changing the color profile in AE and in the original PSD files I was using. I've tried disabling noise/grain effects like another post suggested. I've three screens showing "accurate" colours and the difference is visible on them all.

I'm really not sure what could be causing this. Any help would be much appreciated!

1.JPG

2.JPG

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you viewing the export. Import the exported file back into PP (there's and option for that, or bring it in manualy) and compare it there. That takes the viewer out of the equation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me. I had tried viewing the exports in Premier and different players. The media encoder preview also shows the desaturated version before export too. 

It seems to be working properly now. I had the working profile on Rec709 but have switched it to None. Now the AE preview is showing the same desaturated version that the export was rendering and after balancing the levels the preview and export now appear identical (expcept for JPEG where the contrast is too high, not sure why that is). It seems to have solved my problem.

Premier which was rendering the JPEG sequences desaturated now exports the video files correctly too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 1