• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extendscript access to mask paths

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't found a way to access the control points in a Premiere mask using extenscript, but I just wanted to confirm that it's not currently possible? And also to see if there's a feature request for that functionality somewhere that I can support? Being able to programmatically control masks from a Premiere Panel would introduce an incredible new area of panel functionality.

Thanks,

David

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

You have it right; no such access is currently available. I wrote up your feature request as DVAPR-4226166.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Just realized your plugin requires copy/pasting mask data.  So it bypasses extendscript entirely for this portion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have it right; no such access is currently available. I wrote up your feature request as DVAPR-4226166.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I also added it as a feature request on uservoice.com in case anyone stumbles across this thread and wants to vote for the feature.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/41391052-allow-extendscript...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use my Mask To Transform extension to convert mask path keyframes into keyframes of position, scale and rotation on a Transform effect. Maybe that can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Extendscript isn't able to access information about masks, how is the Mask To Transform extension able to accomplish this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't say (because I haven't seen their code) but I presume that, though there's no specific API around mask points, that data may well be available as 'components', associated with the param stream. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just realized your plugin requires copy/pasting mask data.  So it bypasses extendscript entirely for this portion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bruce, I've been digging around the components and I'm not seeing any mention of masks.  Is there a way to even know whether a mask is or isn't present?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it doesn't appear in a trackItem's component list, no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines