Highlighted

ExtendScript: Can't Relink MOGRT Files

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm running into issues with sharing projects that rely on MOGRT (Motion Graphic Template) files. The MOGRTs were created in After Effects, added to a shared library, and imported into Premiere. When I transfer the project file to another computer with the same MOGRTs installed, however, the MOGRTs in my timeline aren't linked: they depend on a .aegraphic file that is created whenever I drag that template into my timeline, in a folder at the same local directory as the original project was saved in.

I need to reliably share projects that include those MOGRTs, so I started building a functionality in ExtendScript that would replace those local .aegraphic files associated with my project to copies of those .aegraphic files on a shared drive (because of my workflow, I can't save the Premiere project to the shared drive).

However, I'm hitting another wall when using ExtendScript: I can't run changeMediaPath() on those MOGRT files because canChangeMediaPath() returns false on them. I tried this out with an MP4 file in my timeline and was able to change its media path -- canChangeMediaPath() returns true on it. I'm unsure why canChangeMediaPath() returns false on the MOGRTs even though I can right-click on those same MOGRTs in my timeline and reveal them in Finder, or make them offline and relink them. 

Does anyone have suggestions for relinking those MOGRT files without having to prompt the user to do it on their own? Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ExtendScript: Can't Relink MOGRT Files

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm running into issues with sharing projects that rely on MOGRT (Motion Graphic Template) files. The MOGRTs were created in After Effects, added to a shared library, and imported into Premiere. When I transfer the project file to another computer with the same MOGRTs installed, however, the MOGRTs in my timeline aren't linked: they depend on a .aegraphic file that is created whenever I drag that template into my timeline, in a folder at the same local directory as the original project was saved in.

I need to reliably share projects that include those MOGRTs, so I started building a functionality in ExtendScript that would replace those local .aegraphic files associated with my project to copies of those .aegraphic files on a shared drive (because of my workflow, I can't save the Premiere project to the shared drive).

However, I'm hitting another wall when using ExtendScript: I can't run changeMediaPath() on those MOGRT files because canChangeMediaPath() returns false on them. I tried this out with an MP4 file in my timeline and was able to change its media path -- canChangeMediaPath() returns true on it. I'm unsure why canChangeMediaPath() returns false on the MOGRTs even though I can right-click on those same MOGRTs in my timeline and reveal them in Finder, or make them offline and relink them. 

Does anyone have suggestions for relinking those MOGRT files without having to prompt the user to do it on their own? Thanks so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. (Have been for months). I'm using CC 2019 and each time another person opens the project, the mogrts are broken and require a re-build. Colaborating is VERY difficult with this mogrt system.
The solution I've found is Opt(Alt) dragging the same mogrt template from the Essential Graphics panel onto the clip in the timeline that is broken and Premeire will replace it with the template on your system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this issue too and what I found is that when you open up a mogrt file in premiere and drag it into the sequence it creates a file ending in .aegraphic.  You can find that file by hitting, "Reveal in finder".  You can find all of the .aegraphic files that you are using and compile them into your shared folder that you are using.  Then link all of your files to those ones.  That way when you share the file with someone else they can also have those .aegraphic files that you need to relink to.

You won't be able to relink to the original .mogrt files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the Alt tipp, it worked for me. Huge help! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2020 0