Highlighted

ExtendScript - overwriteClip or insertClip - don't nest when sequence item

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm trying to rebuild some sequences in Extendscript from a JSON file.

For reasons too dull to mention, I have sequences for each track audio track A1-A10. I want to automate merging those sequences onto a single timeline.

Using Extendscript, I'm trying to create a new sequence and issuing the `overwriteClip` and `insertClip` methods with a sequence ProjectItem as the source. However, whatever `nesting setting` my timeline is in these commands create nested sequences when inserting or overwriting.

Is there a way of stopping this?

Sorry, there's no API to control whether nesting occurs or not. 

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ExtendScript - overwriteClip or insertClip - don't nest when sequence item

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm trying to rebuild some sequences in Extendscript from a JSON file.

For reasons too dull to mention, I have sequences for each track audio track A1-A10. I want to automate merging those sequences onto a single timeline.

Using Extendscript, I'm trying to create a new sequence and issuing the `overwriteClip` and `insertClip` methods with a sequence ProjectItem as the source. However, whatever `nesting setting` my timeline is in these commands create nested sequences when inserting or overwriting.

Is there a way of stopping this?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0