Highlighted

ExtendScript Premiere 14 videoComponents no longer listed?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using extend script to help import some metadata and things from ALE files as the update clip metadata function is limited.

One thing I'm trying to achieve is to update CDL values on the master clip effect. I've managed to get it working in Prem 2019 but not in 2020. The videoComponents doesnt seem to exist anymore and I can't find any information on other ways to list the effects for the projectItem Object. On the documents it specifies to use projectItem.videoComponents.

Cheers

Correct answer by andrewbry | Community Beginner

Hope I haven't wasted your time but I think I figured it out. It seems videoComponents is now a function you have to call instead. The below works in 14 and not in 13 haha.

var viewIDs = app.getProjectViewIDs();
var selectedItems = app.getProjectViewSelection(viewIDs[0]);

var itemAttr = selectedItems[0];

var MCeffects = selectedItems[0].videoComponents();

alert(MCeffects[0].displayName);

Thanks

Topics

How to, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ExtendScript Premiere 14 videoComponents no longer listed?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using extend script to help import some metadata and things from ALE files as the update clip metadata function is limited.

One thing I'm trying to achieve is to update CDL values on the master clip effect. I've managed to get it working in Prem 2019 but not in 2020. The videoComponents doesnt seem to exist anymore and I can't find any information on other ways to list the effects for the projectItem Object. On the documents it specifies to use projectItem.videoComponents.

Cheers

Correct answer by andrewbry | Community Beginner

Hope I haven't wasted your time but I think I figured it out. It seems videoComponents is now a function you have to call instead. The below works in 14 and not in 13 haha.

Thanks

Topics

How to, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post an ExtendScript snippet that works in 13.x ("2019"), but fails in 14.x ("2020")?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for getting back to me .... This is just having a native R3D clip selected in the bin and the alert should show the "RED Source Settings". But in 14 there is no videoComponents listed and returns an error. I have a screenshot of the debugs below.

var MCeffects = selectedItems[0].videoComponents;

Im testing on 13.1.5 and 14.3.

13 returns this for itemAttr

Premresults_v13.png

14 returns this for itemAttr

Premresults.png

Thanks again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines