• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extendscript: Profiling memory usage in an extension

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see there are methods, such as `process.memoryUsage()` for Node.js, and `$.summary()`, both of which I thought would provide me with memory profiling capabilities. However, neither methods exist (using the `window.cep.process` and `$` objects on the client/server).

Is there a way to profile memory in Extendscript?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

> Is there a way to profile memory in Extendscript?

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Is there a way to profile memory in Extendscript?

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welp that's officially the nail in the coffin - for now, we will retire them as the SDK lacks too much basic functionality, which is disappointing as we came very close to releasing a few AI-based plugins. I hope Adobe can improve their developer experience in the future so we can continue writing our plugins.

Are there any plans for future improvements in the near future for such basic things as profiling? We would be very excited to pick back up on development once they are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the SDK lacks too much basic functionality

Sorry you see this as a blocker; hundreds of partners make it work.

UXP integration, once available (no timeline available), will rely on JavaScript, not ExtendScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> hundreds of partners make it work

I'm sure it'll be thousands once these issues are resolved! Is there any way to request features, to make sure in that iteration there are at the very least profiling/testing suites/basic Node.js features, e.g., require?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Feature requests are always possible, but until we get UXP third party integration working in PPro, there won't be much action. 

The best approach: Become familiar with what's currently possible in XD's and Photoshop's UXP-based APIs, and request specifics, based on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines