Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extensions are opening, but they are greyed out

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've downloaded a 3rd party extention on premiere pro, and at first it worked fine, then after the new update it is blacked out when I open it in premiere (check the screen shot for what I mean). I thought that this might be because of the update, but now every extension I download has the same problem. The extension opens, and I can even interact with it, but I can't see what I'm doing. I've tried removing all extensions and redownloading them, reinstalling premeire, and running an old version of premiere. I'm on a mac mini (2018). Please help!

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If those are extensions you downloaded from the Internet (e.g. GitHub) your problem could be related to your version of CSXS. Unsigned extensions will only run in Premiere if you set Premiere to developer mode, and you need to do that for each version of CSXS running on your system. So if your Premiere came with a new CSXS version you will need to repeat what you have done when you first installed your extensions (if you can't remember you will a description in the installation process for an extension I developed here: http://markerbox.pro/installation).

If it's not that it could also be the file manifest.xml in the CSXS folder of your extension. Open it with a text editor and check whether the required versions of Premiere and CSXS match your system. Sometimes developers exclude newer versions of Premiere or CSXS, although the extension may work without a problem. Simply change the versions to your versions, save the file, restart Premiere and see whether the extension works.

If both attempts to fix your problem don't work the blank window could be related to programming issues in the actual HTML or Javascript of the extension. But that's where it starts getting complicated.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines