Highlighted

Extensions not loading after update to Premiere 14.4

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my CEP extension is no longer loading in Premiere v14.4 even though it worked in previous versions - now when I click on my extension under Window > Extensions, there's no indication that I clicked at all. About a minute after clicking on it, Premiere alerts me that the software unexpectedly quit, even while Premiere is still open.

I tried downgrading to v14.3.2 and successfully opened my CEP panel, and the The PPro Sample panel doesn't load in v14.4 either. I do own a few other extensions that successfully open on 14.4, but I'm not sure where the difference might be... I tried modifying parameters in my panel's manifest.xml file to resemble the manifest.xml files in the extensions that do work in 14.4, but that didn't help either.

Is this a known bug, or is anyone aware of a solution? Thanks.

14.4 shipped with CEP10, which means that you'll need to enable the loading of unsigned panels for the new version. 

Previously: 

defaults write /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.9.plist PlayerDebugMode 1

New version:

defaults write /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.10.plist PlayerDebugMode 1
TOPICS
SDK, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Extensions not loading after update to Premiere 14.4

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my CEP extension is no longer loading in Premiere v14.4 even though it worked in previous versions - now when I click on my extension under Window > Extensions, there's no indication that I clicked at all. About a minute after clicking on it, Premiere alerts me that the software unexpectedly quit, even while Premiere is still open.

I tried downgrading to v14.3.2 and successfully opened my CEP panel, and the The PPro Sample panel doesn't load in v14.4 either. I do own a few other extensions that successfully open on 14.4, but I'm not sure where the difference might be... I tried modifying parameters in my panel's manifest.xml file to resemble the manifest.xml files in the extensions that do work in 14.4, but that didn't help either.

Is this a known bug, or is anyone aware of a solution? Thanks.

14.4 shipped with CEP10, which means that you'll need to enable the loading of unsigned panels for the new version. 

Previously: 

defaults write /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.9.plist PlayerDebugMode 1

New version:

defaults write /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.CSXS.10.plist PlayerDebugMode 1
TOPICS
SDK, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 2
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously: 

New version:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 2
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but it did not worked. What am I missing? So I looked for the old script and changed it with the new one, then I open up Premiere and still stuck to loading. Not moving anywhere. Pls help 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what version of PPro does your extension load correctly? 
In what version of PPro (beta or official) does your extension, fail to load? 

Send me your extension, directly? [bbb@adobe.com]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0