Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extensions - Premiere 14.8 - Rosetta 2 - M1

Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm currently running Premiere Pro 14.8.0 (39) under Rosetta2 intel emulation on an M1 MacBook Pro ... the main app is working fine, but I'm not having any luck getting any of my custom (unsigned) extensions/panels to open. I enabled debug mode as per normal, and they load and are listed under the Extensions menu, but when selected, the panels don't open. I feel like I've probably missed something obvious and will try and figure out what that is... but in the meantime, if its a simple 'they're not supported on M1/Rosetta2', or if there's a trick to getting them up and running again, then please let me know.

Cheers

Andy

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

CEP extensions are not yet supported in any ARM-native Adobe app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CEP extensions are not yet supported in any ARM-native Adobe app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bruce ... just for clarity, I'm not running the ARM native (beta) versions of any of the Adobe apps.

I'm currently working on an M1 Mac, yes, but I'm running only the regular (non-beta) Intel version of the apps, specifically Premiere Pro.

Understood that CEP extensions are not supported in the M1 native beta... but are they also not supported using the Intel version under emulation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you correctly surmised, CEP extensions should run as normal, when PPro is running under emulation. 

Can you provide an example extension, that loads/runs correctly when PPro is run on an Intel Mac, but does not load/run correctly when PPro is run on an ARM Mac, with emulation active?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, my main working station is an iMac 2019, but to have redundance and mobility I bought the MacBook Air M1 and hoped for the best. As of now - what I miss, even though it might not be a complete Show Stopper - is the possibility to run extensions, such as Motion Array and Frame.io. These among other smaller exensions is something that has bumped up my productivity the last couple of years, so that it would obviously be nice to have them. One other thing that I rely on in almost all projects is the creation of Graphic templates (lower thirds) in AE and then imported as mogrt-files in PP.  That workflow is not working on my M1...  

So - when can we expect that to work? Is Adobe really sensing the graveness of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While no date has been provided, yes, we realize extensions are important, and are working on supporting them in M1 native builds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines