• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extra audio track with merging audio/video

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am recording my audio on a Tascam with a Rode mic for better quality audio and merging the wav file with the video file from the camera, using the poor quality audio from the camera as reference for synchornising. All is great exept that the 'merged' video file now has the audio as two mono tracks rather than one stereo track which is causing me problems with editing. Is there a way of merging the two mono audio tracks into a single stereo track? This is such as basic problem I can't believe I am the first with this issue?   

Any help would be much appreciated

Ralph

TOPICS
Audio , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Merge function rather than the Multicam? For joining external audion and a video file, most of us typically suggest using the Multicam process, which actually works better in many ways.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you might also investigate pluraleyes 

https://www.redgiant.com/products/pluraleyes

which has an option to replace the original audio with the audio recorded seperately.  I bought it before I'd made the move to premiere and find that it sometimes is more effective than the synch function in premiere.  Not to disparage Premiere's synch function.  sometimes it works better than pluraleyes...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines