• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

extra frame when exporting media using in / out points

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using in and out points to select a clip to export and it automattically selects an additional frame in front of the play head on the out point - very frustrating . 

is there a setting to change preference so that my in and out points define the EXACT in and out that i want to export ? 

my exported clips are to be looped so the additional frames are a problem. 

thanks very  much,

Russ

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Russ. That's the way most NLEs work by default. Glad you discovered that one. The playhead has a head and a tail that is out of view unless you zoom far into the Timeline. 

Here's the trick: If you use the playhead to mark Out, then this happens. You always have to move left one frame, then, mark Out. If you're just discovering this now, think of all the extra frames you've removed off the head of every incoming clip you've ever used the playhead you marked Out on. Egads, I know. The horror.

Media Composer addresses this by offering a toggle to override this behavior and set the Out mark where the head of the playhead lies, so I think your request is certainly valid. That would make a great feature request for the devs to see here (we are only the support crew here): https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Personally, I use the Mark Clip command when marking the In and Out for a clip which sets the Mark Out properly, and as you expect instead. Please try that function and use it often. It works perfectly for just what you want to do.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Kevin says, this can be a bummer.

The main thing is remembering to use the Mark Clip command if you have the clips selected. And if not, then use the down-arrow to get to the end and immediately hit the left arrow to move the CTI back one frame.

There's also a couple other keyboard shorts you can set ... "go to selected clip end" one of them.

Like anything else, everyone gets around this annoying part of editing differently.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still dealing with this in 2023.  And btw, been editing Premiere since 2005 and this has only popped up recently for me.  In the tens of thousands of videos I've produced, it has only been in the last year or so that I've had the extra frame pop up, so don't know how people think it's normal.  Perhaps it's simply the method that has changed with the software, and I was doing something else before.  In any case, gonna try mark clip command, although I'm exporting many clips edited together.  Crossing my fingers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have been going through the entire code-base and re-writing updating things over the last couple years. So it's possible that something small got changed perhaps totally accidentally in that process. It's happened in other things in the app.

Or ... you're hitting a key slightly differently. Or the moon was blue while the sea was orange ... or ...

This kind of thing drives me nuts at times too. Total sympathy.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, seconding this. Premiere has always added an extra frame at the end with the source out but all of a sudden it's adding an extra frame to the source in even when it's clearly marked at the beginning of the clip. So stupid and annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain. This seems like a case of "it's always been that way so we're just not going to change it" and it's absolutely ridiculous. If I added up all the time I've spent going back and repositioning that out point, I'd probably have read War & Peace by now. Adobe, PLEASE get it together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the go to end of clip command, which is in the keyboard shorts?

Or go to next edit point? Down arrow, typically.

Go to end of clip command goes to the last frame of current clip.

Go to edit point goes to first frame of next clip. Not the same act, and we need both.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I may interject myself into this conversation...

Is this happening to anyone on the IN mark as well, except opposite of what's happening for the out marker? In other words, when I define an in-point, on export, Premiere exports the frame before my in-point marker (if there is additional content there). So if I were to put two clips back to back and mark my in-point at the start of the second clip, the exported file starts with one frame from the first clip. 

So I end up having to move my cursor one frame forward to place the in point, and one frame backward to place the end point. It's very odd and I've never noticed that before with Premiere (specifically for the in point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines