• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EXTREME Lag within premiere pro playback

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having extreme lag within premiere pro.  I literally cannot edit.  The playback lags and loses frames no matter what i do.  I have tried using cuda and no cuda, playback is on 1/4 quality.  I've tried proxies, media endcoder lags as well.  Premiere worked perfectly with the last version I had (I think it was 2018 or 2019)  This is so frustrating I want to cancel my subscription.  I have a video deadline that I cannot meet.  

How can i get an older version of premiere because that worked fine for me.

i have a pretty powerful pc

RTX 2060

intel i7 9700k

16 GB DDR4 RAM

plenty of storage

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should probably revert to the previous version of premiere you were using it without issue.

updates often require better hardware.  And 16gigs ram is not a lot particularly if you're working with 4K material.       You say you have plenty of storage, but drive access speed may be an issue.. and SSD storage is definitely preferred.  Drives will inevitably fail.  It's a question of when, not if. 

and please tell us your source properties and sequence settings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines