• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extreme long render time with Cinema DNG Raw footage!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello together,

i am working with Cinema DNG material in AE or PR and no matter what i do,

the render time of 30sec Raw Material ends in 12min render time, but without any settings in the lumetri or something else!

So if i want to cut a whole film in Cinema DNG, i must have 3 Weeks vacation! 😉

If i do the same again, but with a complete colorcorrection, in Davinci Resolve, it takes 20sec to render out!!!!

I pay 40€ every month for the CC and a free program like Resolve handles this by the way!!

What goes on there and why did this is soo slow?

Why did we get not the ACR plugin into PR integrated?

And what is with speedgrade and dynamik link?

So much things i am sad of and i cannot understand!

Please can you help me out with this sad render time?

Thanks and regards Guido

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i found out, that there is an othe way to import the DNG files and than the rendertime is normal!

So far so good, unlike in this tutorial, i cannot use the option to get into the ACR or Raw settings, like here in this tutorial.

Blackmagic CinemaDNG support and source settings | Premiere Pro | lynda.com - YouTube

Did you can help me to handle this media in the latest PR, also?

If this where possible with normal rendertime, i no more need Resolve!

Why did we have such feature years before and now not?

Thanks and regards Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the 9.0 build series of Premiere Pro CC, the 2015.3 release, they discontinued the "Direct Link" process between PrPro & SpeedGrade. It caused rather more of a dust-up than they expected (it would seem) ... and SpeedGrade has not been updated since.

Which leaves the old EDL and a flattened-file out of PrPro to import/grade in Sg, or ... manually hacking the PrPro project file to change one character so Sg 2015.1 can "see" a PrPro 2017 project file as in "Direct Link" mode ... or use of Patrick Zadrobilek's "PrProBCC" app, available from his Ntown Productions site (for a few euros) which automatically increments/auto-saves/mods the header for use in Sg. Takes a few seconds to get a project from PrPro to Sg this way, but ... it can't use any AfterEffects comp in a sequence.

Go over to the SpeedGrade forum, and down a few posts ... you'll see some about the "hack" and of course, Patrick Zadrobilek's app.

SpeedGrade

Or of course, Lumetri within PrPro. Though it's slick for some things, grading anything needing a lot of shot-matching and critical work ... is slower than molasses.

At which point, doing the pain of the round-trip to Resolve, conforming, all that ... is ... perhaps a better solution.

It's surprising that PrPro doesn't work any better than it does with CinemaDNG, so please ... put in the bug/feature request form on that. And maybe one on returning Sg to "active" status with Prpro also.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but the speedgrade thing was a 10% thing of my question and you made an 90% answer of!

Thats not what i want to know!

I want to know why i cannot open the ACR Module within PR like in the Lydia Tuto Video and why are they two methods of importing DNG files, but the rendertimes are miles between them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered what I know ... and you did ask. I don't know any definitive answers to the CinemaDNG part. I don't have a cam with CinemaDNG, though I've worked with clips of that media on a few occasions.

And yes, I do find it odd that a video form of DNG, a file type Adobe pioneered, is so poorly supported in PrPro. One of numerous things I don't understand about the decisions made. They don't tend to share that sort of detail with us users, though.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thats right, so much things i understand behind this brand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your comment, yea ... there's so much done very nicely within the Adobe DVA's (digital video/audio apps) ... and some things we users just look at and go ... huh ... would not have been my choice, but oh well ... and keep working.

The CinemaDNG is one where a lot of us go ... what in the world ... why isn't this better?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today i tried Premiere Elements 15 which has an Camera Raw support.

Sadly it can´t edit Raw in the ACR, but i can use the xml settings of the ACR within the import of the DNGs into Premiere Elements,

so that i can edit once an DNG, copy the ACR settings to all DNGs of teh footage and import it in Premiere Elemnets.

Sadly Elements can´t render 4:4:4 Codecs, so that solution is a one way street.

But on the other Hand i cannot understand, if PRe can use the settings of the xml, why Premiere Pro cannot use it?

If Adobe can make this little tiny thing possible,

i can handle the DNG in Premiere Pro as an normal footage and have a very fast render time.

So Adobe, what the hack is the missing link in that? A 60€ Software can do that, but an professional product not!!!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea ... go figure, right?

Well ... keep filing feature request forms on that. There's a bunch of people need CinimaDNG footage to work properly in PrPro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil, i have made that request!! 🙂

Do Adobe contact me by that or did i hear no more of them? 😉

How is it going on?

🙂 Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature Requests are most often a one way street.  We tell Adobe what we want, and never hear back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They don't reply to feature/bug reports. What happens with those ... they are catalogued by program, and listed in a spreadsheet type form to all manager types for use in determining budgets for engineer time. So they are part of the eventual decision chain.

But it's very rare to get a response. They don't have enough people on the development teams to do that sort of thing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CinemaDNG Feature Request

I think for now, you're better off cutting in Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines