• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extreme Stutter when video preview

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opened up Premiere today to start on a new project but as I was starting I realized something was very wrong.

All the video previews and playback were extremely laggy and stuttery. I thought something was wrong with the footage but when I check on past projects where I didn't have such stutter, all the previews were laggy both image and audio. I'm talking bad lag like 40-70 frames behind, something I've never had problems with before on the same exact computer. It's so bad that it lags even when I put a single image onto the sequence.

I've tried everything from deleting my cache to even redownloading Premiere itself but it's still there. I don't think anything is wrong with my computer since I literally used Premiere a week ago and it worked perfectly fine. Please help!

I have 8 GB of RAM and an i-5 9400

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing what kind of footage your are using I am guessing your machine is somewhat underpowered.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He said previous projects also stutter where they didn't before. So assuming that the PC is still the same and the only other thing that has changed since then is the software, it can't be anything but the software.

Anyhow, I have the same issue since the new update. Running on a 3.6GHz Xeon, 32GB RAM with an NVIDIA Quadro P2000 (5GB) - exceeding all minimum and recommended system requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" it can't be anything but the software."

That is not true.

It could be that the hard drive is running out of room, possibly due to Windows updates being installed, among other possible issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not an uncommon problem after an update. Just downgrade to the previous version and you'll probably be ok. Adobe makes all kinds of changes to Premiere that cut out older computers. Your other option (which is what I took in the end) is to get a more up to date computer as an i5 is a bit old. What's your video card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines