• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely bad performance h264 encoding/decoding (Nvidia)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey i have un huge problem ! 

H264 hardware encoding/decoding feature work extremly bad for me.
When endoding is activated it takes 5 times longer to export a video than if don't use it.
When decoding is activated have a very long playback time. 
I made this for exemple :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tOOsz2_eVusQlzhDUpQkKM0zNSFkbcCz?usp=sharing

The problem is : i made multicam video with a lot of h246 clip so i need this feature to work to avoid transcode of them.

My config :
https://www.driverscloud.com/fr/configuration/68619667-1/resume

(My apologize for my english)

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Encoding is not an issue here, imo. Decoding can be, most likely because of VFR (variable framerate) sources. Even normal CFR (constant framerate) tracks can stutter if there are many of them overlaid, as in your case. You may try these steps to fix the issue (assuming it's 'fixable' at software level) :

1) First and foremost manually clear media cache - close Adobe PP/AE/ME, go to cache location and clean/delete folders: Media Cache, Media Cache Files, PTX, Peak Files. 

2) If  #1 not help - try to turn off Hardware accelerated Decoding in Preferences > Media... Remember to clear media cache each time you change this settings, also after any app/driver update as well.

3) Transcode all your VFR footage into CFR. Things like iPhone-, ScreenRecordings-, Zoom-, Twitch-, YouTube- videos, etc. Tools people use for this: Handbrake, Avidemux, ffmpeg/Shutter encoder, nvencc, or even a build-in Windows editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines