• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely choppy video playback while editing

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've been having an extremely frustrating issue and I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm a Twitch streamer, and I edit together videos from my stream VODs to YouTube videos. For quite awhile now, I've been having an issue with extremely choppy playback after I bring these videos into Premiere. They make editing an aboslute nightmare, as most of the time playback is a literal slideshow. even at 1/4 quality. Usually when I hit play the playback will start smooth before getting extremely choppy after 1-3 seconds. At this point I have tried EVERYTHING, tried solutions from every single "guide to eliminating choppy playback" that exists on the internet, and even went so far as to do a completely fresh install of the OS on my PC and completely reformatted my internal HD. The source videos are typically quite long (somewhere between 5-8 hours usually) but nothing I've read seems to indicate this to be the source of it. This is becoming increasingly frustrating and I really don't know what else I can do to fix it.

For reference, my system specs:

Macbook Pro (15 inch, 2018)

Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.1

Processor: 2.2GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 16GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most likely it's VFR source to blame (you can convert it into CFR via Handbrake). My 2nd guess is Intel HD630 incompartible driver. And as 3rd one check this:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-2020-choppy-stuttering-playback-in-program-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines